Sunday, February 5, 2006

Last night, today, and the trick that does my taxes

Reelout 7 came to an end for us last night with the screening of the gay short films. All were quite good but SURFACING took the prize in my opinion followed closely by STARCROSSED. Both movies well worth taking in if you get the chance. Today seems to be turning out to be a lazy day which will not amount to doing much more than heading downtown for coffee.
So Mr Wolfe and Jenn dragged me to the bar last night along with Wolfe's hot friend J. By the way J, if I read you right you have integrety. Nice to see. Anyway, I digress. The bar. The bar was dead when I arrived with the group around midnight. Yeah, I was gone by 12:30AM. Really shoulda saved myself the $5.00 though I really wanted to go for my friends. As most of my friends will attest to I think, I will do just about anything I can for them. I just couldn't stay though. So back home to my guy I went. Of course he was sound asleep but it was good to just snuggle up to him.
As I couldn't sleep I went and layed in bed with Wolfie after he got home. We tend to do those late night de-briefings after the bar. My drama left about 18 months ago so all I have now is his... Better you than me Mr Wolfe.
Something to ponder: As a guy who has been known to pick up at the bar I have no issue with bringing a trick home. My issue comes in the morning, or whatever time the trick heads out. I am prone to offereing a phone number, email, MSN or whatever and then just leaving the ball in their court. The offer has been avoided but never actually denied. I guess what would impress me the most is to just have a guy say that he had a good time but really wasn't interested in anything else. I would much more respect that than to play the game of exchanging info only to have the guy avoid any further contact. If we all just had the balls to be upfront about it in the beginning there could be much less drama and disappointment.

As a funny footnote to that. The one trick that I picked up online, invited over and had sex with without making any effort to exchange info with has ended up back in my life as a good friend. Imagine my surprise when my boyfriend starts talking about this guy he has been chatting with online and the pieces start falling together and it turns out to be an old trick... Funny. By the way C, tax time is here and I have my T4. Better sharpen your pencils.

No comments: