Sunday, March 12, 2006

Sex, Drugs and Booze... Well two outta three ain't bad...

Oh my! I have not posted a blog since Thursday. There is definitely something wrong with that.
Friday night was interesting. Went to a birthday party just up the street. Well I hang out with a pretty young crowd. This crowd was pretty young but was definitely not MY crowd. I don't really care about drug use but I hate when people are so wasted that they become annoying. To be fair the more annoying people tend to be wasted on alcohol as opposed to drugs. Anyway, point is I was not particularly comfortable there since I really didn't know anyone there besides Dan, Gord and Doug. And Curtis and Greg too I guess, if only by reputation. Point is I really never have liked "house parties" unless I know more than 75% the people there. It's just a comfort level thing. Anyway, we came home by 2AM unlike other's who wandered in at about 7:30AM.
Saturday was spent doing some running around getting ready for the small dinner we were hosting. Dan and I have wanted to do dinner parties for some time now and finally did one. Okay so it was only one couple I still say it was a party. Besides, we decided we need a new dining room table that will seat more than 4 people before we do a proper party. I find I enjoy myself much more when I am in a more intimate setting. I don't enjoy small talk but I love conversation. And I tell ya, JENGA rocks. I am so going out to buy TRUTH OR DARE JENGA.
So some would say I was a bit excessive on the candles last night but I really like the effect. I don't much care for the two candles that dripped wax all over the place though. Oh well, small price to pay I guess. Still need to clean up one of those messes.
Today we did brunch at The Goat. Crowded as hell but we managed to scavenge a table for 11. That was tricky let me tell you. I find I am really enjoying these brunches. I guess after so long of having no social life I am really enjoying having one. It feels good to me to be with a group of people and still feel comfortable. I think I tend to be intimidated by people and feel like I am going to say something stupid or something. The more I am with people the more I realize it's okay. Just be myself. Anyway, moving on.
Today we did a bit more shopping. Looking for a file cabinet and of course a dining room table. No luck but I came so close to buying a 37" LCD TV. If the salesman had been a bit hotter it just might have happened.
Okay, that's it for now. Might be more later.

No comments: