Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Chicken soup for the queer soul

So I am going to start my blog off tonight with a story I heard that I thought was so sweet and which exemplifies the changes that have happened in the last 10 or 20 years. Yesterday Claire went in to meet Meghan at work. Meghan introduced her around to her coworkers as her partner. Today one of Meghan's coworkers, someone 10 or so years older than me, came out to her. You almost have to be my age or older to understand how difficult that is for some people. This person will likely remain in the closet because of the stigma that people even 10 years younger than me likely would not understand. I'm not even going to bother explaining it. Suffices to say it really is so much easier to be "out" now than it was when I was 20.
So COLA was interesting. All about fetishes. Made for a good lively discussion. The common belief I think is that a fetish is a dirty thing but more people have them that realize they do.
So the weekend. May not be going to Barrie. Already have back up plans to go with the girls to Tango for a drink or two. Last time I had martinis my pants came down in public so who knows what might happen. :-)

No comments: