Sunday, June 11, 2006

Ottawa... Capital of cold and rain...

Well yesterday was our trip to Ottawa to see CIRQUE DE SOLIEL. It was a good time, even though the show itself was not as good as the last one I saw; which apparently was not as good as the ones before that. The tent was very warm, but the acrobats were hot so it was okay. The story was a bit of a mystery but overall it was still a good watch.
After the show we headed uptown for dinner, drinks, and coffee. Dinner was a a pub called Heart and Crown, then heading back towards the car in the rain we stopped for a drink at another pub called Ales. Then Starbucks for a coffee for me since I had to moderate the alcohol intake because I was the DD. By the way, stopped at 2 pubs and didn't manage to stop at The Cock and Lion. What's that about?
After wasting another hour or so there we were in the car getting ready to go to EDGE. Also known as TWINKS R US which is, of course, fine by me. Had a couple of drinks there and headed out around 1AM. Got home after an uneventful drive. Then off to bed.
This morning was Sunday Brunch at The Goat. This afternoon has a trip to Wolfe Island and possibly a cell phone purchase for Dan. I am feeling the need to buy myself something pretty too. We'll see how that goes. Something pretty, for me could mean the wireless kit for the laptop. Or at least a new mouse for it. Yeah, we'll see.
That's all for now.

No comments: