Saturday, September 2, 2006

Recapping events in the life of ME!

So it is time to get everyone caught up. My last blog was about my anxiety attack, which has not recurred thank goodness. It has pretty much been confirmed that it was an anxiety attack. Having never had one I didn't know for sure but from what others tell me that was pretty much it.
So Wednesday was pretty eventless other than finding out that I have somehow been pissing off Gord. Only fair since he has pissed me off too. I guess it is to be expected that that will happen. We haven't been spending much time together lately and we both seem to be blaming the other. Interests have changed, priorities have changed. It happens. We still love each other and he knows I will always be his go to guy if he needs me. It is a friendship without conditions. I am confident that no matter what if I needed him he would be there for me too.
Wednesday dinner was missing Neil who had another drunken engagement. Meghan & Claire, Howie, Dan and I dined at Sol Latino. Food: Mediocre. Service: Slow as hell. The 10% discount for the slowness helped only a tiny bit. Verdict: I won't suggest going back.
Thursday was an interesting day work-wise. As soon as I walked on the floor I was told not to bother getting my systems up because we were getting crash training on Offline Activations. Apparently the end of the month crept up on Offline and they were way behind so we were all pulled to help out for the day. Sweet deal. No calls, they didn't have to ask me twice.
Thursday evening Dad came by to steal my TV back to return it to my niece. Shopping for a 32-37" LCD TV now. Might be a while before I can do that. Maybe I'll ask Santa for more Best Buy Gift Cards for Christmas. After the traumatic experience of losing my TV I went down to The Brew Pub to meet Dan and his coworkers who had been drinking since 4PM. Logan was too rowdy for the waitress so we headed to The Toucan. I started with a double to catch up but by the time I had my second drink the party was breaking up.
Friday at work sucked. I did get a huge helium balloon, pink, in the shape of a "4" for my QA score. Hardly a highlight. Got coaching. Too many long lunches, shame on me. Came home, Cambodiana for dinner, The Goat for coffee, Tracy joined us there, YAY! Then home.
So that brings us up to the point where I decided to head to The Foo to meet up with Gordo, Rob and their friends, Mikey was there too. Dan was not up to it so he stayed home. I walked over to Foo's with $20.00 in my pocket, had a few drinks and chatted with Gordo. It was nice. I didn't get hit on which is always a bit of a dissapointment but that's life. Can't expect too much once you hit 40 I guess. Mikey was DD, driving Trevor's Aztek but there seemed to be too many people so despite the offer of a ride home I did the walk. Most of the way up Victoria Street (or whatever street that was I was walking on) I got to listen to a girl argue with her boyfriend who wanted to take a piss somewhere along the way. She wouldn't let him. Well I really had to pee and all that talk about it wasn't helping. I was very tempted to find a shrub and let go to see what would happen when they caught up with me. I did however hold it till I got home. On my way home I composed a long and fully punctuated text message to Gordon that I did make it home safe. It was a bit of a lie since I sent it when I was just walking on to Thomas Street. I did however make it the rest of the way safe though.
That's it. Today I let the boy sleep in. Two loads of laundry on the go, some errands to run, dinner at Meghan & Claire's. Fun, fun, fun.
YAY! Long weekend.

No comments: