Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Hump day happiness!

Today is hump day. Well it would have been if I wasn't calling in sick on Friday. Anyway, Wednesday night is what gets me through my week. It is something to look forward to without having to wait till the weekend.
Wednesdays is Dan's and my dinner night with Meghan & Clair and Howie & Neil. Tonight was Atomica and I had my regular pasta dish there. I say regular because I had it once before and loved it and since I was going to be late I thought it easier for Dan to just order me something I knew I was going to like.
Of course Dinner was followed up by COLA which I actually really do enjoy. I am not sure why I enjoy it but I think some of it has to do with the fact that I so wish I had of had that kind of resource 20 years ago. It definitely would have changed my life. I also like the thought that something I might say there, some experience I had, may help someone else feel better about themselves. I am the last person I would describe as maternal but I do like the thought of helping or taking care of people. I want people to have a better go of being gay than I did. I have a rainbow sticker on my car and it has nothing to do with my pride. It has everything to do with someone seeing it and realizing they are not alone. I wish I had seen more rainbow stickers in my time. WOW... It is so hard for me to think back to when I wasn't out. It seems like centuries ago. To those of you who like to poke fun at my age... Shut up... I know what you are thinking. LOL
Okay this turned into a ramble which it was not meant to be. Lets just leave it at "I like Wednesdays" because that's all I got.
Mark, I really had nothing to do with that email address exchange. Really. So, how was the ride home?
Oh and a big special thanks to Dan for mentioning Battlestar Galactica. The show that I can't watch myself because he wants to see the episodes too. Yeah he didn't mention that did he? No I don't think so.

No comments: