Wednesday, April 12, 2006

You say potato...

Tonight was COLA night. Talked about tension points in relationships. Every relationship has at least one. Mine has a couple to be sure but these tension points do not define the relationship. I wish our sex drives jived a bit more, he wishes I was not so dependant on my best friend. Maybe co-dependant is a better description.
I guess its how you handle these tension points that makes all the difference. Sometimes we can correct the issues that bother our partners. Sometimes the issues are beyond our control. Sometimes we choose not to correct the issue and ask our partner to accept us as we are. There is no right or wrong. Idealy we come to a compromise. Ideally one partner does not have to give up (or put up with) more than the other.
I have been sitting here thinking about what to say next. Should I go on to elaborate on some of our issues? I think I'll pass. We know what they are. We deal with them in our own way, even if in some cases that means not dealing with them. Maybe we'll learn to live with them or maybe we will deal with them later. Maybe one of us will blow up about one of them. We'll see. It's not like life would be all that fun if it was totally predictable.
That's it for now. Sorry Gordo, no drama unless you can supply me with some...

No comments: