Friday, April 7, 2006

Bestest is so a word...

There is this guy who is my best friend. He can be such a dick but I still love him. He is my bestest friend.
So I kind of reasoned out yesterday that one of the things that has had me a bit depressed lately is that I have been missing my best friend. Oh I talk to him every day but don't seem to see him more than once or twice a week lately. He came into town for a drinking binge last night but his drinking buddy was not able to make it so he just hung out here till we decided to take a walk downtown for a couple drinks ourselves.
It was good fun as always. We talked a lot. Seems he had come to the conclusion as well that part of my pissy mood was that he was not around as much. He thought it was because of the new boyfriend but it really goes back further than that. He has made a bunch of new friends and found some new interests, which is not a bad thing. He is one of the popular kids now, which is something I think he really needed. He is just acting his age now, something he has every right to do. I just can't act that age anymore, no matter that I still look 24, I am NOT 24 anymore.
So anyway, being aware of what is bothering me is a big thing. I tend to not be able to pin down the things that are bothering me as they tend so pile up together to get me into a depression. So I will deal with this one. My issue, not anyone else's.
Happy Friday...

No comments: