Thursday, March 29, 2007

Time for some more random thoughts...

So I am told I need to blog to relieve my stress. For those of you who have not been keeping up, work has not been going so well. Let me gather my thoughts and try to explain it in basic terms. I do not mind the work I do. That being take calls from Americans to help them out with their cell phones or their accounts. People call in bitching about their bills and service and such but that doesn't bother me. They can yell and scream and cry all they want and I will simply do what I can to help them with the tools I have at my disposal. More about those tools later. What does bother me about the calls I get, or more properly about the people who call, are the ones that can't even manage to have basic manners. Hello, goodbye, please, thank you. All pretty basic if you ask me. And really when I have finished helping you you can say "thank you, have a nice day" or even just "thank you" but really "that'll do" is not a good response.
Even the rudeness I can live with, after all it's not like they are educated or anything. One thing I have learned from dealing with them is be so thankful of the education system in Canada. We could live in a country whose government puts more money into guns than it does into education. That is why the manuals that come with the guns are all pictures and no text.
So on to what does piss me off about my job. Lets start with the tools I mentioned earlier. Is it wrong that my crappy computer at home is way faster then the one the multi-million dollar company I work for supplies me with? Can I tell you how long 40 seconds can feel when you have a customer on the line and you click on the minimized Internet explorer window and nothing happens for those 40 seconds. When it finally does materialize don't be holding your breath while you are waiting to be able to click on a link and then wait for that page to load up. Funny that one of our 4 drivers for our quality scores is Timely Resolution. There is nothing timely about the systems we use.
So on to 2 more of the drivers we are scored under, Courtesy and Concern. You know I find it hard to naturally apply either of those to my customers when I don't see any of it for either the customers or the employees from the management team.
So that is all the energy I am going to devote to work related blogging.
On a more positive note: Dinner with Howie & Neil, then tea/cappucino at Sipps. Sipps is officially cheaper than The Goat now for tea. Only issue is the seating is not as flexible hence The Goat will still be frequented when necessary. Other than that I am all about Sipps.
So one more day to get through till the weekend. I am pretty sure I will make it.
That's it.

1 comment:

Antares said...

Pooor Mike!!! :(

TGIF tomorrow, though. Be strong, you can make it!!