Tuesday, August 1, 2006

Just a little bit of stress...

So I applied for a desk clerk position at Queens in the residence system. Same job as Dan does. This is my dream job. I can't even begin to tell you. This is a job that would allow me much more freedom than my current job. Freedom to socialize more, freedom to have a little fun at work, freedom to possibly pursue some academic pursuits and freedom to advance to other more challenging positions.
So you all have heard me harp on about other jobs, or at least the School of Business job anyway. Yeah I want this one WAY more. I definitely have some things going for me, including a recommendation from a rather influential source. Now much of what we think I have going for me for the position is speculation on our parts, things we think will appeal to those doing the hiring. Anyway, Dan says I have a good chance at getting this one.
So now the point of this blog. I am so tense about this job I am making myself crazy. It is no secret how much I hate my current job. I have pretty much checked out already. I have no interest in being there at all and I think that is pretty apparent to all. So I am just driving myself crazy worrying about if I will get it or not. Stressing. STRESSING.
By the way, I turn 40 in 12 days. I am hardly stressed by that at all. YET!

No comments: