Thursday, May 5, 2011

Random Thoughts and Events...

Apparently I am short on both these days.

I realize that I generally get inspired by things I observe. I guess I have not been getting out as much since I bought the condo, hence not observing much.

Thoughts...

My good friend Robert pointed out that I have had lots to blog about but I have simply been respectful (for lack of a better word) enough not to. I have definitely had things to say but this forum is not appropriate for every thought I have or event I live through. I find that I have a clear view of the fact that every story is a matter of perspective. I do however think this is somewhat unique and don’t want to talk about some events in my life that refer to other people for fear of opinions being formed of those people. Opinions that do not take into account those people’s perspective.

Events...

I guess I have not talked too much about the condo. Not too many people buy property as an impulse purchase but that is exactly what happened to me. A friend at work mentioned the place, I looked it up on MLS and the next thing you know I was checking it out and putting in an offer.

So it is a small, bachelor unit. Not the downtown loft condo I would have liked but a nice little starter place. Definitely a quiet neighbourhood. I am fixing things up nicely, mostly decorating at this point. I have an eighty’s kitchen that will need to be replaced but that will likely be for next year. The bathroom is going to be a two phase renovation. Sink and vanity will be replaced shortly and the tiling and tub will be down the road. Right now I am working on the storage room. So glamorous. Also on the list; flooring, a bit more painting, a couple light fixtures, etc...

I do have some additional thoughts regarding a shift in my thinking regarding starting to date. A shift brought on by a new friend. I’ll save that for the next entry which I promise won’t be too long from now.

No comments: