Saturday, June 12, 2010

Here now, there later...

So I am not in the place I would have thought I would be at this point in my life. At almost 44 years old I would have expected to be in a much more secure place. I guess you just never know what life is going to throw your way. I'm not saying I am in a bad place, just not where I would have expected to be. Maybe it is more that I am not where I percieve the average guy my age would be.

I guess I can talk about where I am. I am no longer in my own house. I am now living with a friend. Taking advantage of what I think is a mutually beneficial situation. Cheap rent for me, extra cash for her. I am looking at it as a year to "regroup" both financially and mentally. I plan to be in much better shape on both fronts 12 months from now.

So with another relationship gone, and with the nagging thought that I have wasted a couple people’s time, I am pretty sure I won’t seriously consider anything long term for a really long time. I am pretty okay with this direction. I have reconnected with some old friends, I have made some new friends, and I have received solid support from my friends who were there all along.

It has been a stressful couple months and I am sure there is more stress in store but I’ll just have to get through it like everyone else has to. When all else fails I know I have my big dumb dog who will lick my face and make me feel better.

3 comments:

Kea said...

Never underestimate the power of a "big dumb dog", or any other fur companion, to lick our faces, or cuddle up and purr, and help us heal, give us comfort and joy.

They will do so without fail, and be there for us in ways humans cannot--because humans always will fail us, as we will fail others in turn.

Stewart MacMillan said...

Hang in there, mister!

Anonymous said...

As long as there is a big dumb dog to lick your face, you cannot get 'too' bad... :)

In other words... I believe you will be okay if you have friends who care...

Cheers (and 'hi!')