Sunday, May 2, 2010

Changes on the way...

Well the big news is that I broke up with my boyfriend of almost 5 years. It was a rough call because once you make the move it is a pretty permanent thing and I wanted to be sure. Spent a few weeks going over and over things but in the end I decided it was the best thing for both of us. The event itself was less dramatic than I thought it might be which is good. Still it was a difficult time for both of us.

The main issue centered around communication. We both are guys who do not communicate our feelings well. That is a lethal combination when it comes to relationships. Any kind of relationship really. Oddly, we are now communicating better than we ever have. I guess with the pressure off it's easier to tell him what pissed me off and for him to do so as well.

So now comes all the work of dealing with real estate and separation of property. I'm sure there are going to be many bumps along that road. We'll manage I'm sure.

The conclusion I have come to is that it is time for me to be alone. I am not relationship material. I think some time for just me and my puppy will be a good thing.

No comments: