Friday, April 24, 2009

One tough little bitch...

So just an update on Miss Penny. After diagnosis she was put on Prednisone which the vet suggested could extend her life by a month or so. Well I had to refill her perscription because though the symptoms have come back, she is still hanging in there. The symptoms were expected to come back and my impression was that it would be a quick downhill run from there. Well the physical symptoms have been back for a week or so but she still has her energy, unlike before the drugs. She is going up and down the stairs and jumping on the bed and couch herself. In fact she doesn't seem to want any help.

So as long as she can eat, drink and bark I figure she is doing fine. I have a suspision she is hanging on so she can continue to enjoy "cheese time" every morning. I wrap her pills in bits of processed cheese slices as it is by far the easiest way to give her pills. Jessie also enjoys cheese time, as I can't leave her out. Cheese less the pills of course. Anyway, cheese slices are a small price to pay to keep her around a little longer.

I was unsure at the beginning if it was better that it wasn't sudden but now I am pretty sure that for me it was. It is going to suck when I have to say goodbye but I am happy to have time to get used to the idea of having to say it.

No comments: