Monday, September 22, 2008

Recycling the past...

So since nothing really interesting happened today let me dredge something up from the summer of no blogs.

The 3AM border crossing on the way to Pittsburgh...

Looking back I guess I should have known that 4 guys crossing the border on their way to a furry convention are going to get pullled over for sure. At least we had the big fursuit dog head in the trunk to back us up. Well after a half an hour answering random questions we were back on our way to the land of Anthrocon. Anthrocon was more fun that I ever expected. It kind of reminded me of the Star Trek conventions I attended in my younger days except the Anthrocon attendees were much less serious. Let me tell you that you have not lived till you have seen 30 furries do The Time Warp. Ego Boost: Mikey was hit on by a "straight" boy (and a 6 foot skunk from South Carolina). Good times.

I have to say that Pittsburgh surprised me. It was so very much like Chicago but with less art. It was reasonably clean, at least the areas we were in were clean. There was lots of good architecture and some good museums, most notably The Andy Warhol Museum. There was also no tax on clothes and shoes. Gay heaven to be sure. Mikey came home with a new pair of Pumas.

I am definitely looking forward to going again next year. At least next year it doesn't happen on the same weekend as Toronto Pride.

PS: To whoever found that lost SD Card outside of The Warhol Museum. I was not defiling that teddy bear, we're just close that way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Warhol Museum? I hate you...

Mikey said...

No sweetie, you love me and you know it...