Monday, May 21, 2007

I mixed Lub and Woody's again...

Well it has been a while but yet another has commented on the lack of postings so this one is dedicated to Ryan.
We had a great long weekend. Headed up to Toronto on Saturday morning. Fashionably late of course. Picked up Ryan from his suburban hell on our way by. Then into the city and picked up the other half of the home team and headed to the hotel to check in then for a walkabout downtown. Managed to not spend any money there.
We then headed out to Oakville for the wedding reception which was our excuse for heading into the city in the first place. The reception was nice. Thats about all I can say about it. Well I guess I should add OPEN BAR! So there was my pre-drinking all set up for me. One shooter, 4 cocktails, then back to the hotel to change and head out with the boys.
Started at Lub for a $9.00 Candy Apple Martini. Guess they have to pay for that Restaraunt Makeover somehow. After that it was off to Woody's where we watched but did not participate in the best legs contest. Read this post if you want to know more about the last time I mixed Lub and Woody's. After that it was back to the room after seeing Bryan and Ryan to the subway station.
Sunday morning we headed up to spend some time with Emma. What happens when Emma and I get together? My VISA Card gets a run through the terminal at H&M. To the tune of $205.00 it was. But I got some great finds. Only in European sizes could I possibly take a size Large in underwear. After shopping we grabbed lunch and watched a movie with Em. Oh I also got a pair of skater shoes at the Winners on Bloor. I kept the receipt because I wanted to make sure they were Howie-approved. They were approved but I need to add a second set of laces to step them up. No pun intended.
After all the shopping and hanging out with Emma we went back to Bry's to pick up Ry. After some contemplation about kidnapping Ryan and bringing him back to Kingston it was decided that we really should be responsible and drop him back in suburban hell.
Monday was a mow the lawn, walk downtown and head over to Howie & Neil's to wish Neil a Happy Birthday day.
So that about covers it. All-in-all a very fun weekend. Next weekend the city boys are back in town. Should be another good time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!

Anonymous said...

I need whatever entertainment I can get in Suburban Hell

Antares said...

Sounds like a gothic horror movie.

"Coming soon, "Suburban Hell" starring Ryan Anderson as misplaced urbanite, stalked by a menacing figure. Will he escape to a bright urban apartment...Or be trapped forever?

This movie is not yet rated."

Sounds like a fun weekend! *goes to look up venues on the web*